Valentine's Day Cocktails
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
This Valentine’s Day
make a cocktail for two!
Gentlemen, we are fast approaching the best holiday of the year (said NO man ever!) Maybe you have a wife or girlfriend who says Valentine’s day is no big deal – DON’T fall for that lie. Flowers are nice. Flowers and chocolates even better. But the trifecta of Valentine’s Day is definitely flowers, chocolates, and a romantic dinner. Walk into any grocery store and you’re bombarded with tons of flowers and chocolates to choose from. But the dinner part?? That’s a bit trickier. However, we’ve got you covered with this foolproof plan – pour your special lady a delicious cocktail and while she’s oooing and ahhhing over it taking pictures for social media, pour those takeout containers of food onto real plates and dinner is served! What could go wrong?!
The Bourbon Sweetheart
4 dashes bitters
1.5 ounces simple syrup
4 strawberries, cut into pieces
1 ounce Ginger liqueur
1.5 ounces Lemon juice
6 ounces Club soda
4 ounces Bourbon
1. Muddle strawberry pieces and simple syrup in a shaker.
2. Fill shaker with crushed ice, bourbon, bitters, ginger liqueur, and lemon juice. Shake and pour into 2 glasses.
3. Top with club soda and garnish with fresh strawberries.
2 ounces Chambord Raspberry Liqueur
12 ounces lemon-lime soda
4 ounces Bourbon
Raspberries for garnish
1. Mix first three ingredients in a shaker.
2. Pour over ice into 2 glasses.
3. Thread a few raspberries on a toothpick and lay over glasses.
The Lady in Red
3 ounces Bourbon
2 ounces pomegranate juice
1 ounce lemon juice
Splash of ginger beer
Lemon rind strips
1. Combine bourbon, pomegranate juice, and lemon juice in a shaker with ice. Shake vigorously for 1 minute.
2. Pour over ice into 2 glasses. Top off with a splash of ginger beer.
3. Garnish with lemon rinds twisted into knots.